45 Useful Email Expressions to improve your writing
45 Useful Email Expressions you need to know to write better emails in English. In this English vocabulary lesson, you will learn common English expressions you need to know to better express yourself when writing in English. To help you better remember, and most importantly use these useful email expressions, this lesson has been divided into various topics (situations) you may find yourself in the future, where you will have to express yourself differently.
Watch the whole video lesson below to learn how to use these useful email expressions in various situations.
Below you will find the 45 Useful Email Expressions which we go through in this video lesson are:
Useful email expression for email greetings
• Dear Sir/Madam
• To whom it may concern
• Dear Mr/Ms Jones
• Hi Mary
• Hello Mary
• Dear Mary
Useful email expression for email to explain the reason for writing your email
• I am writing to ask for …
• I am writing regarding
• I am writing with regard to …
• With reference to…
• Just a quick question about…
• I was wondering if…
• I wanted to let you know that…
Useful email expressions for making a request
• Could you please let me know if …..?
• I would appreciate it if you could …
• Could we arrange ..?
• Please let me know if …
• I was just wondering if …
• Would you mind ….?
• Can/Could you ….?
Useful email expressions for agreeing to a request someone has made:
• I would be delighted to…
• I will be happy to…
Useful email expressions for complaining
• I am writing to complain about…
• I am writing to express my dissatisfaction/disappointment
• I regret to say that …
Useful email expressions for apologizing
• We would like to apologize for …
• Please accept our apologies…
• Please let us know what we can do to compensate for any damages caused…
Useful email expressions for attaching files
• I am attaching….. (my CV)
• Attached you will find my CV
• I am sending you …..
• Please see the ….. attached
• Please find attached the file you requested
Useful email expressions for closing an email:
• I look forward to your reply….
• I look forward to seeing you….
• I look forward to hearing from you….
• I look forward to hearing from you soon….
• I look forward to meeting you …… (next Tuesday)
• I look forward to seeing you …… (next Tuesday)
Useful email expressions for ending an email
• Kind regards
• Best wishes
• Sincere regards
• Take care
• See you soon