What’s Ligaya’s job?
My name’s Ligaya Ragas and I live in Davao in the Philippines. I’m a teacher. I teach English in an elementary school. I don’t live near the school. It’s in the city centre and houses there are expensive. I travel to work everyday by jeepney (that’s a kind of bus). It takes a long time because the traffic is always very bad, and in summer it’s very hot.
School starts at half past seven in the morning. I get up at quarter to five and I normally leave home at six o’clock. I walk to the main road and wait for the jeepney. I finish work at five o’clock and then I usually go home. I sometimes go shopping first.
I like my job, but I don’t earn a lot of money, and I don’t like the long journey to work everyday.
I don’t normally go to work at the weekend. On Saturday, I go shopping. On Sunday morning, I always go to church with my husband and my children. In the afternoon, we often go to the beach.
1. Are the the statement True (T) or False (F)
- Ligaya lives in the Philippines
- She teaches French.
- She drives to work.
- She doesn’t like her job
- She’s married.
- She always goes to work on Sunday.
2. When does Ligaya do these things?
- She gets up _at quarter to five_
- She leaves home ____________
- She starts work ____________
- She finishes work ____________
- She goes shopping ____________
- She goes to church ____________
- She goes to the beach ____________