Listen to a story. Why does Peter come The Coffee Shop?
|Ryan||Hello, Peter. How are you?|
|Peter||I’m fine, thanks. And you?|
|Peter||Is Sarah here?|
|Ryan||No, she isn’t. What’s the time?|
|Peter||It’s half past six.|
|Ryan||Yes, she usually comes in at this time.|
|Cindy||Sarah? She does judo on Tuesday evening now.|
|Ryan||Judo? Wow, she really likes her sport.|
|Peter||Yes, I know. She goes jogging every day and she always plays tennis at the weekend.|
|Ryan||And now she does judo, too. Anyway, would you like a cup of coffee, Peter?|
|Peter||Oh, er … no, thanks. I can’t stop. See you.|
|Ryan||That’s funny. Peter comes into The Coffee Shop, but he doesn’t want a cup of coffee.|
|Cindy||Well, he wants to see Sarah, but she isn’t here.|
|Cindy||I think he fancies her.|
|Ryan||What? Peter fancies Sarah? Really?|
|Cindy||Yes, it’s obvious.|
|Cindy||Men! You never notice anything.|
Do the Exercise
Choose the correct answers.
- It’s 6.30/7.30 in the evening.
- It’s Monday/Tuesday.
- Sarah is at the café/sport center.
- She does judo/play tennis on Tuesday.
- Peter has/doesn’t have a cup of coffee.
- Cindy thinks that Peter fancies/doesn’t like Sarah.
Click here to see the answers
- It’s 6.30 in the evening.
- It’s Tuesday.
- Sarah is at the sport center.
- She does judo on Tuesday.
- Peter doesn’t have a cup of coffee.
- Cindy thinks that Peter fancies Sarah.