TOPIC: Urbanization has become a major issue in the past few years. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this situation?
Paragraph 1 – Introduction (rephrase the topic and state what is required)
To start the Paragraph:
- It cannot be denied that
- It is an undisputable fact that
- In recent times, the general tendency has been that
- The prevalance of _______ has been a growing concern in the past few years
- It’s quite common today for
To introduce the Advantages and Disadvantages (neutral)
- Like in everything else, there are undoubtedly two sides to this issue
- The pros and cons of this issue have been much debated upon
- There are certainly some benefits as well as drawbacks to this scenario
- This situation has surely carried along with it both advantages and disadvantages
- In my opinion, while there have certainly been positive consequences to this development, the inconveniences it has brought about should not be overlooked
To close the paragraph/introduce the body:
- and both will be outlined below.
- and this essay will tackle the most important ones.
- and this essay aims to highlight both.
In recent times, the general tendency has been to leave the countryside and migrate to the city situation has surely carried along with it both advantages as well as disadvantages, and this essay aims to highlight both.
Writing the Boday
Paragraph 2 – Body 1 (advantage 1 + advantage 2 + example 1)
To introduce the first advantage:
- The most obvious benefit gained from this change is
- A very common gain of these circumtances is
- For starters, one positive out come of this is
S1 – The most obvious benefit gained from the seemingly unstoppable trend of migration from far-flung areas to commercial centers is the increasingly easier access to better education and health care facilities as governments rush to cope with the constantly growing demand.
To introduce the second advantage:
- Another valuable result of this is
- This scenario could also be favorable in terms of
- I shouldn’t forget to point out how this change could bring about the positie consequence that
S2 – Another valuable result of this is the inevitable advancement in economy, infrastructure, science and other such fields caused by the face that more and more minds from different walks of life collectively contribute to progress, each on bringing in his own stamp of excellence.
To introduce the example:
- This could be exemplified by
- As evidence of this,
- Le me take _______ as an example / a proof
S3 – A concrete example of this would be the rapid rise in the economy of city which in the past decade has witnessed an unprecedented boom in the population, as millions of farmers, hoping for a better fate, send their offspring to get educated in the best schools of the city, thus ensuring a ample supply of well-educated professionals.
Paragraph 3 – Body 2 (disadvantage 1 + disadvantage 2 + example 1)
To introduce the first disadvantage:
- Of course, the primary weakness of this suggestion is that
- On the other hand, this change could be detrimental in terms of
- Regardless of these advantages, one negative outcome that needs to be addressed is
- However, we should not turn a blind eye to the expected undesirable outcomes, which is the
To introduce the second disadvantage:
- To make matters worse, this scenario could also
- Another threat worth preparing for is
- _________ is another dangerous possibility
To introduce the example:
- A good case in point would be
- This could be proven by the fact that
- _________ would serve as an excellent example
Writing the Conclusion
Paragraph 4 – Conclusion
- In conclusion, it is clear that while this development has ensured several necessary changes, it has also made society vulnerable to some unpleasant ones.
- I would like to conclude by saying then that society needs to be aware of both positive and negative consequences before any action that can alter the status quo will be taken.
- To sum up, it is thus imperative to thoroughly examine both strengths and weaknesses of this suggestion before it can be applied.
In conclusion, it is clear that while urbanization has ensured several necessary changes, it has also made society vulnerable to some unpleasant conditions.