In this lesson, we have a look at some of the specific English words and phrases used in buying and selling. These are the situation between the sellers and the buyers.
|1. May I help you?||Yes, I’d like to buy these razors.||Okay, that’ll be $6.85 with tax.|
|2. What can I do for you?||I’m looking for the cameras.||They’re in Aisle Two.|
|3. Is there something I can help you with?||No, I’m just browsing. Thanks anyway.||Ok.|
|How much is this?||It’s $4.95.|
Listen to the conversations and answer the questions below.
1. The woman bought the pens and notebooks because …
a. she liked them
b. she didn’t have any left
2. The pens and notebooks were cheaper than normal.
3. The man likes music from the …
4. The man already owns the music on cassette.
2. The pens and notebooks were cheaper than normal. True.
3. The man likes music from the 1980s.
4. The man already owns the music on cassette. True