English Speaking Topic
Agreeing, Disagreeing and Giving Opinions
In this lesson, you will learn some expressions of agreeing or disagreeing that are commonly used in discussions and debates.
- What are the two people doing?
- Do you think they agree or disagree each other?
- Do you think they are happy with the conversation?
- How do you expression your opinions in English?
Listen to the conversation below and learn some common phrases.
Learn more: Giving advice and suggestions
Using “well…” to introduce an opinion someone may not like. It is more polite.
- Well, to be honest, I don’t thing he’s a very good actor.
- Well, I didn’t like the film. I thought it was boring.
Expressing your opinion
How you express your opinion is very important.
- Firstly, you have to choose the correct words and phrases to not upset and offend other people.
- Secondly, you have to use the correct intonation when you speak, so you don’t sound rude or angry.
Learn more: Showing interest in a conversation