Agreeing, Disagreeing and Giving Opinions in English
English Speaking Topic
Agreeing, Disagreeing and Giving Opinions
In this lesson, you will learn some expressions of agreeing or disagreeing that are commonly used in discussions and debates.
- What are the two people doing?
- Do you think they agree or disagree each other?
- Do you think they are happy with the conversation?
- How do you expression your opinions in English?
Listen to the conversation below and learn some common phrases.
Learn more: Giving advice and suggestions
Using “well…” to introduce an opinion someone may not like. It is more polite.
- Well, to be honest, I don’t thing he’s a very good actor.
- Well, I didn’t like the film. I thought it was boring.
Expressing your opinion
How you express your opinion is very important.
- Firstly, you have to choose the correct words and phrases to not upset and offend other people.
- Secondly, you have to use the correct intonation when you speak, so you don’t sound rude or angry.
Learn more: Showing interest in a conversation