English Speaking Topic
- How would you describe a person?
- What words would you use to describe yourself?
- How would other people describe you?
Listen to the conversation between a man and a woman talking about the impression of the new job.
a person someone works with
– She is busy talking to a colleague
a strange group of people
– Have you heard of these clowns? They are a funny bunch.
someone believes he/she understands many different topics.
– She jumps into any topics we discuss as if she is a know-it-all.
a particular subject that you discuss or write about.
– What is the topic of your essay?
a person uses famous people’s names to impress others. A person pretents that famous persons are his/her friends.
– He knows the president of United States and his family. He had breakfast with Micheal Jacson. He is a name-dropper.
complete control freak
a person who likes to manage and check everything.
– She is a complete control freak. She checks every work I do.
to plan or arrange something
– We decided to organise a concert.